Nail Stamping + Post Office Anxiety

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Hello, I'm back! haha. I didn't think I'd blog again but I found it so useful to read about other people's experiences especially about our daily struggles here in the Philippines. So why not share my stories, too?

First of all, I don't know why but I'm kind of obsessed with nail art. I know I can't paint so free-hand nail art is definitely not for me. I actually tried before but the results were so disappointing! So now that I have discovered nail stamping, I feel like I have hope. I've seen a few stamping kits since maybe 3 years ago but I never really got interested because the designs were so meh. But recently, I came across videos on youtube reviewing Moyou London Plates and I swear they are so beautiful I wanna cry. I blame you Internet! It doesn't help that they're on the pricey side and that they're not locally available. I know I can get them on Zalora but seriously, their selection is kind of pathetic. They're not even selling their polishes so what's the point?? How can you stamp without the polishes??

It also didn't help that Moyou announced a store-wide 20% sale! So obviously, I just decided to order 5 plates just to give me peace of mind. It's that struggle impulsive shoppers have. If you don't buy, you'll regret it forever. But if you buy, you won't stop at getting just 1, so you'll regret even buying the first one.

I ordered these plates:

1. Holy Shapes 01 - I was so attracted to the chevron pattern, that's why I ordered this plate. So far this is the only one I have tested and I have to say the patterns are so lovely and classy.
Holy Shapes Nail Art Design 01

I'm not an expert so please don't laugh too much at my nail polish skills. haha.


Since I have small nails, it doesn't bother me that the patterns are not in the XL format. Moyou has other plates that have XL designs but I'm happy with the one I have since there are more designs in one plate. I used Revlon Brilliant Strength in Magnetize for the stamping. It stamps great! If you don't have access to stamping polishes, this would be a good starter.




2,  Doodles 07

Doodles Nail Art Design 07

3.  Enchanted 01

Enchanted Nail Art Design 01

4. Enchanted 13 - got this mainly because of the dog designs hehe. so cute!!! can't wait to try them but I still need to order stamping polishes. the spending never ends huhu.
Enchanted Nail Art Design 13

5. Flower Power 03 - because how can you go wrong with florals?
Flower Power Nail Art Design 03


Because the package was going to be shipped through our local post office Philpost, I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to get my package or that they would tax me so much! I researched other people's online shopping experiences and I came across this really useful post. Basically, we have a law that states if your package's value is 2000 pesos below, it should be cleared of any dutiable tax. AMAZING, right???

   SEC. 2. Section 1302 of Part 2, Title IV of the Tariff and Customs Code of the Philippines, as amended, is hereby further amended to read as follows:
          "Sec. 1302. Import Entries. – All imported articles, except importations admitted free of duty under Subsection "k", Section one hundred and five of this Code, shall be subject to a formal or informal entry. Articles of a commercial nature intended for sale, barter or hire, the dutiable value of which is Two thousand pesos (P2,000.00) or less, land personal and household effects or articles, not in commercial quantity, imported in passenger’s baggage, mail or otherwise, for personal use, shall be cleared on an informal entry whenever duty, tax or other charges are collectible.

You can read the whole Article here: RA 9135


This is actually the main reason why I wanted to blog about my experience. To everyone out there who will be claiming packages at our post office, show them this part of RA 9135. I had the excerpt ready in my phone in case the Customs personnel would charge me. Luckily and rightfully so, he didn't. I just needed to pay 112 pesos for the post office fee. phew.

I received my package on October 6 and I ordered August 27. The package actually arrived at our airport maybe 3 days after I ordered, it's just our system that's so outdated and bulok that probably delays the shipping. I had to message the post office to inquire about my package's whereabouts because I was worried I wasn't getting the notice for pick-up.

Hopefully, noone gets scammed anymore. It's good to be informed.


2 comments :

  1. omg omg! weebee (lololol so old!!!) *grabs lower back and walks like a lola*

    p.s. i gave in and bought moyou plates. i think we need a *nail*tervention lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEEBEE!!! wahahha winner! onti na lang oorder na ako ulit eh hahaha.

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs