aliexpress first experience

Sunday, November 6, 2016

I  tried ordering cheap stuff on Aliexpress just to test if I'll actually get my items. After almost 2 months(!), I finally got my package! To be fair, it's really usually not the fault of the seller when your local post office screws up. In my case, I ordered Sept 18, the package arrived at the QC post office October 21. One month waiting is OK, but when your post office screws up by not sending the notice immediately, that's the annoying part! I got my notice Nov.5 so that means the post office took 2 weeks just to send out the notice! Isn't it bad enough they don't deliver the parcel door-to-door?

I bought these cheap accessories that were only worth 6$ for 6 items. A dollar for a necklace really isn't bad at all! I'm also very pleased with the quality because I expected they would look cheaper. The seller used Singpost to ship my items. I think the transit time was OK, it's just that maybe the local shippers in China took time. My package was only dispatched October 5 even if the seller shipped them Sept.19, a day after I ordered.

In summary:
Sept.18 - Ordered and Paid
Sept.19 - Seller shipped
Oct.5 - Tracker says preparing to dispatch
Oct.21 - Package arrived at QC post office
Nov.5 - Notice was delivered
Nov.7 - I picked up my package (took me an hour in line)

If you're not patient, I don't recommend aliexpress. Unless of course you're willing to pay for expedited shipping. EMS is faster but I don't think I'm willing to deal with the crocodiles at the Pasay office. I know only big packages end up being stuck at their customs department but I don't want to risk it. The Customs officer in QC post is actually very nice and reasonable. I haven't seen anyone while I was in line who had a problem with their taxes.

Here's the link to the Aliexpress store that I bought from:
Xinyuan Jewelry Industrial


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs